What Type of Siding is the Most Energy Efficient?
In addition to improving curb appeal and protecting against the elements, your home’s siding should provide improved energy efficiency.
If you’re interested in having new siding installed on your home and researching the different products available, you’re probably reading all types of performance claims about different types of siding. To help you filter through the noise, we’re going to compare the most energy-efficient types of siding on the market:
- Wood: Wood is a natural insulator and therefore is a popular option for homeowners who want their siding to help with thermal performance. However, wood siding requires the most maintenance of all siding types and is especially susceptible to moisture damage.
- Composite: Engineered wood siding products offer the look and feel of natural wood but don’t come with maintenance headaches. Depending on the composite siding product you choose, you may need to repaint it every few years.
- Insulated Vinyl: Vinyl siding is the most popular option on the market and for good reason. Easy to maintain and affordable, vinyl siding is remarkably versatile and available in a wide array of styles and colors. And when it’s insulated, it does an outstanding job of protecting your home against heat transfer. This can lighten the workload for your home’s HVAC system and result in lower monthly energy costs.
Expert Insulated Siding Installation
NEWPRO’s home remodelers only install the industry’s best-insulated replacement siding to improve your house’s longevity while supplying you with unparalleled peace of mind. NEWPRO’s Energy Wall Siding Systems are available in vinyl and composite materials and in many different options, from halfback to fullback. Some of the most noteworthy benefits of NEWPRO’s Energy Wall Siding Systems include:
- Superior impact resistance – NEWPRO’s impact-resistant insulated siding is 64% more impact-resistant than comparable PVC products.
- Low-maintenance – Our low-maintenance siding is impervious to warping, peeling, or cracking, and you’ll never need to scrape and re-paint to keep it looking great.
- Energy efficiency – Regulate your indoor climate without wasting energy with NEWPRO’s energy-efficient insulated siding. Thanks to Neopor® from BASF SE, our siding systems add up to a 19% better R-value depending on the profile.
- The look of real wood – NEWPRO’s Energy Wall Siding Systems feature a natural cedar grain finish to give any home the warmth and feel of real wood.
- Expansive customization options – Custom-design your insulated siding with our vast selection of siding accents, color, trim, profile, and molding options to ensure it seamlessly meshes with your exterior décor.
- Competitive warranties – All of our insulated siding systems are protected with a life of the home lifetime warranty.
NEWPRO’s Ultramax Vinyl Siding System
NEWPRO installs insulated vinyl siding that is ENERGY STAR® certified and up to 19% more efficient than other insulated PVC products. Lined with Neopor®, which reduces thermal conductivity and prevents airflow through walls, UltraMAX Vinyl Siding is one of the most energy-efficient products on the market. Additionally, it can reduce noise infiltration by up to 45% and will help keep moisture and insects from harming your home’s exterior.
THE RESULT IS BEAUTIFUL, BUT SO IS THE JOURNEY
Our experts can help you choose the siding and siding accents that perfectly complement your home’s exterior aesthetic. Home is fully expressed when you discover the right color & style that fits you and your family. When it comes to how your siding presents itself, color and style are crucial. So we pay a lot of attention to what’s trending and what works. Choosing your own colors can be fun, but a bit overwhelming. If you need some design ideas, speak to a NEWPRO design consultant today!
NEWPRO has been the trusted provider of siding installation and other home improvement services to homeowners throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island for years. We’ve developed a reputation for excellence by providing the best products on the market and a level of customer service that our competitors can’t match.
Our house siding experts will help you choose the perfect product for your home, then ensure that it is installed with precision. Call us today at 855-982-9949 or contact us now to request your FREE, no-obligation design consultation and quote.