What to Look for in a Roofing Estimate
If you invite a roofing company to your New England home to provide an estimate for a repair or replacement project, don’t look at the situation as them telling you what you need. As the homeowner, you should view the consultation as an opportunity to interview the roofer for a job you’re offering—and if you’re not satisfied with what you hear, you shouldn’t hesitate to move on to the next candidate. Your comfort level with the company representatives is an important factor, and there are also several essential elements that should be detailed in your roofing estimate.
Key Aspects of a Roofing Quote
- A project overview – This should detail the start and completion dates, payment terms, all work that will be done, etc.
- Real cost estimates – To ensure there won’t be any surprises, all expected labor and materials costs should be included.
- Permitting needs – Any permits required, as well as their costs, should be included.
- Detailed product information – You should receive a list of the shingles, underlayment, flashing, and ventilation that will be used, as well as the corresponding product warranties.
- Licensing and insurance – Perhaps most importantly, the roofing company should provide proof of the operational licenses and insurance policies required in your state.
The Roofing Pros New England Homeowners Rely On
NEWPRO is one of the most trusted roofing contractors in New England because we go to great lengths to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied. Our Max-Protect Roofing System is second to none when it comes to standing up to the local climate, and we stand behind our products and installations with ironclad warranty protection. Contact us today to learn more.