How Old Would George Washington and Abe Lincoln Be Today?
HOW OLD WOULD GEORGE WASHINGTON AND ABE
LINCOLN BE TODAY?
It’s President’s Day and we are celebrating!
In honor of President’s Day and America we wanted to share some fun facts from nationalparks.org
to honor past presidents’ lives and legacies …..
- Presidents Day is celebrated on the third Monday in February, thanks to the 1968 Uniform Monday Holiday Act
- It was established in 1885 in honor of President George Washington’s birthday
- Washington’s birthday was actually on February 22, 1732
- Washington’s birthplace is a national monument and is located in Colonial Beach, VA
- It is still officially called Washington’s Birthday by the federal government
- The government debated renaming the holiday to Presidents Day to include President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday, but the proposal failed in committees
- Lincoln’s birthday was actually on February 12, 1809
- Lincoln’s birthplace is a national historical park and is located in Hodgenville, Kentucky
- President Ulysses S. Grant established Yellowstone as the first national park
- President Theodore Roosevelt has the most national parks named in his honor
- Lincoln is a close runner-up for that title
- Roosevelt’s birthplace is a national historic site and is located in New York City, NY
- Adams National Historical Park was the birthplace of two presidents: John Adams and John Quincy Adams
- The most recent presidential birthplace added to the National Park System belonged to William Jefferson Clinton
You are the President of your home! Let NEWPRO give you the Presidential treatment and you give your home the Presidential treatment this week with savings in honor of this special day!
50% off installation or 0% for 5 years financing!