Can You Replace Vinyl Siding in the Winter?
Is your home’s old wood siding starting to show its age, or are you simply tired of having to sand and repaint it every few years because of the toll the harsh New England climate takes on it? If so, then you may be thinking about having new vinyl siding installed on your home, as it’s extremely durable and requires almost no upkeep. However, if it’s the dead of winter, you might be wondering if you should wait until things warm up outside before proceeding with your vinyl siding installation project. If so, you might be happy to learn that vinyl siding can be installed during the winter months. However, there are factors to take into consideration before you start looking for a home improvement contractor.
Pros & Cons of Installing New Siding During the Winter
Before you move forward with selecting a local contractor to install new siding on your home, you’ll want to consider the positives and negatives of having the project completed during the winter months. Some of the pros include:
- Cost savings – Contractors see a large dip in business during the winter months, so they need to be creative to attract customers. One of the ways they try to drum up business is to run specials, so you could save on both product and installation costs.
- Faster turnaround times – If installation crews aren’t as busy, it’s easier to schedule your installation window. Additionally, manufacturers should have shorter turnaround times during the winter.
- A more precise installation process – Vinyl siding can expand when it’s hot out, and if it’s installed too tight, it can buckle when the temperatures drop. Installing vinyl siding during cooler weather helps ensure fewer issues down the road.
- Less landscaping damage – If you have shrubs and flower beds that you meticulously maintain, they can be trampled by siding installers working during the summer months. During the winter, when flower beds are often bare, this isn’t as much of an issue.
- No interruptions to your outdoor time – Would you want to lose the use of your patio for an extended stretch during the limited warm months because siding installers are working on your home?
- No rain delays – Exterior home renovation projects often get delayed during the summer months because of rainstorms. During the winter, siding installation won’t be interrupted by harmless snowflakes.
However, you should also consider these potential drawbacks:
- Potential for cracking – If vinyl siding is being installed in extremely cold temperatures, there’s a small chance that it can crack. This can delay the installation process.
- Less sunlight – The shorter days during the wintertime can limit the hours an installation crew can work, which could add a day or two onto the installation process.
Vinyl Siding Installation Experts
If you’re ready to proceed with a vinyl siding installation project at your New England home and want to partner with a company that has exceptional products and extensive winter installation experience, look to NEWPRO. Our SuperMax Vinyl Siding System is engineered with high-performance materials and features the latest in insulation technology, so it’s perfect for your home.
When you partner with us for vinyl siding installation during the winter months, we’ll utilize our Winter Installation Care Process to ensure that your project is completed flawlessly without disrupting your home.
Contact us today to schedule a no-obligation consultation. We’d love to add you to our extensive list of satisfied customers!